Lyman High School will offer a "Financial Aid Night" during the fall Parent/Teacher Conferences in the Library. A financial aid expert will give a presentation virtually on financial aid and answer any questions families may have.

Helpful Resources & Links


The college-bound student and one parent will need to create an FSD ID. Parents will be able to utilize the same FSA ID for each of their college-bound students. They need to establish this with an email address that they will have long-term. Students should not use their K12 email address.

Create Account | Federal Student Aid


All college-bound students are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There are some websites out there that may make you pay to do this or will complete it for you for a fee. We don't recommend doing that. FAFSA will open on October 1st each school year. You will need to have your FSA ID before you can complete FAFSA.

This information will go directly to the college, university or technical college that you selected. You will receive an Award Letter from those educational institutions.

FAFSA® Application | Federal Student Aid



Federal Student Aid:


Students and/or parents can apply for private loans. Many colleges and universities utilize an alternative lender list. Links can be found on each school's website under Financial Aid.


Black Hills State University

Dakota State University

Dakota Wesleyan University

Northern State University

South Dakota School of Mines & Technology

South Dakota State University

University of Sioux Falls

University of South Dakota